Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life's Like That......

Okay, so this week was a hard one. It seems like I take a couple steps froward and then a few GIANT leaps back. So of course when I feel down I turn to music and I, surprise, surprise found a Hillary Weeks song that spoke to my soul......
Another day, I'll try again. But can you tell me will the hurting ever end? I've been taught and I believe. I need you by my side. I don't have the strength to make it on my own. Lord, do you hear my prayer? How soon will you answer me?
How many of us feel this way? How many of us have this continual struggle? Sometimes I feel like I will never be whole again. That I will never get past all of this. However, the other half of the song is the answer that speaks to my soul. That tells me I will be okay and I will make it. The Lord answers and says....
I know your weary I know you've had all you can bare and now you ask of me on bended knee I promise I'll be there. I've watched you struggle and yet I can see how much you've grown. Child could you feel my power in your darkest? You were not alone. Be still and know that I am God. I'm by your side, whom shall you fear? I give you strength, my child I am here. There's no prayer that I won't hear lift up your head, my child. I am here!
I know he hears us. I know he hears ME! I now KNOW I am worth it and he will always be there. He takes my hurt and makes it bearable. What a miracle this is. It is a miracle that I am okay. I have faced and am facing one of the hardest things imaginable and with the Lord on my side I will come out on the other end okay! Who says miracles are not around us everywhere?

1 comment:

  1. Life IS like that! Thanks for the words to the song. Isn't it amazing when a song pops up with everything you needed to hear or your scriptures fall open right to a page with the answer you need? Miracles really are around us everywhere. I hear ya about wondering if you will ever be whole again. Some days it is hard to see through the fog. Here is a little something to think about when you get discouraged. Elder Scott said that the gears of God's justice grind slowly, but they grind effectively.

    ReplyDelete