Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jump Rope

My life is like that Blue October song, Life's Like a Jump Rope. Up down, Up down, Life's like a jump rope......That is my life seems full of ups and downs. Lately I have been very stressed and a bit discouraged. Am I making the right choices and how could this all possibly work out? Trying to sell the house and find a place to live that will fit my budget and accept my dog. Things with the kids and how will I survive the summer without a job?
Despite all of this, I am actually happy. This, to me, seems like a small miracle in itself. I think of the the people of Israel in the Old Testament. In the book of Joshua the people of Israel are traveling. Joshua tells them to pay careful attention and follow their leaders because: "ye have not passed this way heretofore" I have definitely not passed this way heretofore.
My assurances can only come from the Lord. There is no one else. No one to answer and assure me. God is great! This may sound trite but He is. He is greater than any problem, discouragement or adversity. I have had to learn to trust that his will is for my good. I know that he knows exactly what I need even when I do not know what I need. Of course there is still hurt, fear and pain but I know his arms are enfolding me and taking away the full pain that I would have to endure otherwise. There is hope in that and for now that has to be enough.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are turning to the scriptures and finding direction. Your heart is right. You will be guided because you have the right desires. The answers will come. You are one strong woman. One day your children will rise up and call you blessed. For now, I will! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that scripture! Things will work out for your good because you have such great faith. Like Nephi, you know in whom you have trusted. That makes all the difference. Because of that amazing faith you can be assured that when you make that leap you will either have something solid to land on or you will be taught how to fly. I love your words of wisdom. Hope is an beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Nicole!!!! I have been thinking about you and sorry I haven't called. Thanks for your example of faith and sharing your beautiful quotes. . . Loved your Christmas card/picture. I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete