Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Crazy, Beautiful, Messed Up Life.

As this year comes to a close I have many regrets and even more what ifs. Marjorie Pay Hinckley said:
"There are some years in our lives that we wouldn't want to live again.
But even those years will pass away and the lessons learned will be a future blessing."
I know all things happen for a reason. I have seen the tender mercies of the Lord through all of this. I have grown closer to Him in these months than in my entire life. I have learned to use the atonement more fully in my life. I have been blessed by the kindness of others. I have become a better Mother. I am more aware of the needs of my children and because of this I am more attentive. So although I would never choose to live this year again, I can already see the blessings.....
I have learned much. What follows are the things I have learned:
*No one is in charge of my happiness but me.
*First breathe and after every so called disaster ask will this really matter later.
* I know time heals almost everything. So I just have to give time, time.
*What other people think of me is none of my business.
*However good or bad this situation is, it will change.
*My children only get one childhood.
*No matter how I feel I get up, dress up & show up.
*Whatever doesn't kill me really will only make me stronger.
*It is never too late for a second chance and this one is all up to me.
*When it comes to going after what you love, don't take no for an answer.
*Envy and jealousy are a waste of time. I have everything I need.
*Use the fine china instead of saving it for a "special" day. Today is THAT special day.
*Life isn't fair. But it is still good.
*When in doubt just take the next small step.
*Life is WAY too short to waste time hating someone.
*Cry.....it heals the soul
*It is okay to let your kids see you cry.
*Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey is about.
*Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
*Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up your future.
*Over prepare & then go with the flow.
*If we all threw our problems in a pile & I saw all of yours, I would probably take my own back.
* THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole! Thank you. Your testimony and strength are amazing. I look up to you in so many ways. I see so many of those same things in my life this year. Thank you for your example. You have blessed my life! Here are a few more words to remember:

    "Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it." -Victor Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And through it all your still awesome! We will make it! Love all your lessons. Life is good.
    Your trial sista

    ReplyDelete