Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Kiddos

Here they are: Grace 10, Olivia 8, & Cole 5.

Aren't they just spectacular? They are my sole focus. When I am with them that is all there is, me and these three. I get to have every other weekend to myself (which I have to admit is nice) but other than that it is me and them. It is exhausting but I am sustained by the Lord. They have had a difficult time with everything. An adjustment from all of us to weekends with their Dad is hard but they are resilient.
Grace seems to be having the hardest time. She was always a daddy's girl and so her struggle is more evident. Soccer had really been her saving grace. She can get all of her anger, frustration and aggression out on the field. I have to say that her soccer game has greatly improved. Grace is learning to cook and delights in baking cakes for everyone she can think of. She is in the 5th grade and has an amazing teacher who really loves her.
Olivia, my sweet Olivia. She is the heart of us all. She is sad sometimes but she has lost her self in service. She loves to help everyone. She has taken up piano and has real talent for it. Now if I could just get her to practice.
Cole. That is really all there is to say. He is abounding with life. He has shown his frustration with is behavior and it seems like most days it is a constant fight. Just when I think I might have to kill him he turns to me and smiles and says," I love you, MOM!" He still loves anything with wheels and even got a skateboard for his birthday.
When I watch these kids I realize that although this path is hard, I am SO VERY blessed. They keep me laughing and thankful. What more does a person need?

5 comments:

  1. they look different than last time I saw them. I'm glad things are getting a little better for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful children! You are amazingly full of faith, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that really Cole? Oh, I just want to eat him up, he's so cute. Love those dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I can't believe how grown up the girls look. I love the mischievious look on Cole's face. How very appropriate! I hope things are going as well as possible. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics. Even more I love the tender side of you that is coming out. Our challenges refine us in ways we don't expect. Thank-you for your example and turning towards the Lord in all of this. Love and Hugs trial sista

    ReplyDelete