Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The BIG Move

It has happened, the big move! It was awful, moving myself and three kids was an enormous job. Much too big for little ol' me. *smile* I have therefore decided to never move again. Dixie (my landlord & friend) has told me that I have a couple of years before her children need the house so I might be safe for a while. The packing, downsizing and reorganizing of a whole house was just so overwhelming and tremendous. Of course the help was amazing. We started at 10 am and we were totally moved by 12:30. I had so much help and I felt totally loved! So a HUGE thanks to all who helped, I couldn't have done it without you. I wish I could give each of you a personal tour because the house is really perfect and the pictures (in the previous post) do not do it justice. I have to tell you the house is a blessing and an answer to my many prayers. I heard this story in church a couple of months ago that stuck with me.

It took place in a farming community. In this particular town there had been several months without rain and the crops were suffering. One day in church the preacher said that it was going to rain. Two of the farmers in his congregation went home having complete faith that it would rain. one of the farmers went to bed that night and the next morning he woke up went outside and expected the rain. He did this for several days. the other farmer went home and planted his crops. I have tried to be like the second farmer.

I too have planted my crops. I applied to Utah State University and I put my house up for sale. I made plans to move. I felt a little like Nephi making plans while "not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." So I prayed and prayed and then I prayed some more. I continually prayed for strength and fortitude, that the Lord will see fit to take my weakness and make them strengths. This perfect little house has felt like coming home. Like I said it is perfect for us. I am continually amazed by the Lord and His grace. My life is simple nothing grand but He sees me. Really sees me and answers with a perfect little house.

No comments:

Post a Comment